Yesterday I blathered a bit about starting the writing process and motivations behind this new edition of Hubris. Today I thought I would share one of the original Hubris classes in this new form:)
You have delved deep into the forbidden arts of controlling the blood of others. You revel in the smell of blood, its taste, and warmth- even as it leaves your victim, cooling and congealing in an ever-growing pool on the floor.
Coagulate: Spend an Omen (pg XX) to cause the blood of a touched living target to thicken. While affected all tests are made one DR higher. Lasts 1 hour.
Begin with 3d6 x 10s and 4d Omens. Toughness +d4 HP.
Shrewd, roll 3d6+2 Presence. Weak, roll 3d6-2 Strength. Roll d4 on the weapons table and no armor. You also begin with:
- The Silver Dagger of Fukäll- Magic glade with gorgeous glinting blade. Deals d6 dmg with d10 attack/defense while wielding it. Deal d4 damage to self to gain Omen point.
- Familiar: Summoned from the remains of a fallen enemy. Mass of thick, partially congealed blood with two large eye stalks, pulsating brain, and writhing intestines. Attack/defense DR 12 (barbed intestines, d6 damage x2), 8 HP. Each day roll randomly for what Fleshweaving power it can use (pg XX). If killed, summon new one from an enemy slain by your hand.
- Blood Potions: You can craft 1d2 potions from your own blood. If you drink, heal self for 2d4 HP. If anyone else drinks, suffer 1d8 damage and wracked with pain for 1 hour, only can move or attack. Potions become inert after 24 hours.
- Inflict Wounds: You pull the blood from a living target with a successful DR 10 Presence test. Deals d6 damage. If you fumble test, you hemorrhage and suffer d8+1 damage and cannot act until successful Presence test. If you Critical, the target is killed.
- Book of Bloody Secrets: Written in blood and bound in human flesh. Once per day read from the book. Roll 1d6:
- 1-3: Your eyes bleed, suffer 1d4 damage, see in darkness for 10 minutes. Shoot steaming hot blood from eyes at enemy with successful DR10 Agility test. d6 damage.
- 4-5: Cause the organ of a living creature to fail. They die in 10 minutes unless they succeed a DR10 Toughness test.
- 6: Summon a bloody rainstorm in an area roughly the size of a barn. You are healed for 1d6+1 and all test DRs are reduced one level. Effect lasts 10 minutes. Enemies must make Morale test or flee.
- Bloodwalk: You can jump into a human-sized living being and travel through blood, emerging out of another living being within 500 ft. Emerge early and deal 2d6 damage to target. Make DR 8 Toughness test or be stunned for 1 round after emerging. You can do this 1d3 times per day.
During the Feast of the Gods you: 1) Had a substantial collection of a variety of blood; 2) Ruled over a small tiny village; 3) Lost your loved ones to a Necroid (pg XX); 4) Severed in the royal court of Fairweather; 5) Assassinated five nobles on five moonless nights; 6) Made contact with a planar being (pg XX).