Others look to the stars or consult bones or spirits to glimpse portends of the future; they’re lucky. It is by starting at, sometimes even tasting, lumps of stinking, infected pus that gives you foresight.
Pus Divining: Three times per day look at, touch, and/or taste pus. Roll 1d6:
1-2: You see the future. Gain an Omen point.
3-4: You caught a glimpse of the next fight. Your attack/defense DR is reduced by 1. Lasts whole fight.
5: You see 1d6 of your companion’s future, all gain 1 Omen point.
6: You see nothing.
Begin with 2d6x10s and d2 Omens. Toughness +d6 HP.
Abilities: Unsettling presence, roll 3d6-1 Presence. All Toughness tests to resist disease and poisons DRs are reduced by 2. Roll 1d8 on Weapons Table and d3 for Armor Table. You also being with one of the following:
- Skull Goblet of Facious the Cruel: Once per day pour liquid in it and it bubbles and smokes. Fills the room with blinding smoke in seconds. Holder sees perfectly. Throwing liquid on target stuns for 1d4 rounds, no save.
- Porous Wood Bowl of The Necrotic Reader: When pus is divined in his crude wooden bowl visions are clearer. The first time a 6 is rolled, reroll until something other than a 6 is the result.
- Cysted Amulet: 1d2 times per day you cause a large blackened, crusty cyst to form on a living target unless they succeed a DR 12 Toughness test. Target will obey the wielder for 10 minutes. You can decide to burst the cyst, dealing 1d8 damage to the target and ending the effect.
- Apprentice Doofal: Lacks sense of smell and hasn’t really manifested any sense of foresight but you keep the poor bastard around. Built like a truck 3d6+2 Strength. Extremely loyal to you. Roll d8 on the Weapon Table and d4 on Armor Table.
- Blood-stained Bandages: Covers your whole body. Unsightly, gruesome, and smelly. Treat as medium armor but you do not suffer +2 DR to Agility and Defense. Presence tests to charm/schmoose suffer +4 while wearing.
- Plagued Fingers: Your fingers have become blackened and infected from handling so much push. Your nails deal d4 damage. 1-in-6 chance to infect target with Pus Rot- DR 10 Toughness test or dead in d6 rounds. Must wear gloves to not infect others.
During the Feast of the Gods you: 1) Foresaw the coming calamity and hid; 2) Ate rotted fruit from the Hangman’s Tree; 3) Were outlawed in Fairweather for offending nobility; 4) Ate the pus of a king; 5) Were using your abilities to aid thieves and criminals; 6) Witnessed a tear in the fabric of reality and saw something beyond.