Oh man! I’m thrilled this motherfucker has funded! Barbarians of the Ruined Earth is a go!
We still have 26 days to go on the Kickstarter and as of writing this blog post we are only $700 away from the first stretch goal- a fully illustrated bestiary!
If you know someone who would enjoy a zany, weird science-fantasy game inspired by Thundarr the Barbarian, Mad Max: Fury Road, and Pirates of Dark Water- by all means spread the word as it is greatly appreciated.
What ARE the Stretch Goals?
- $7,000- Fully illustrated bestiary!
- $9,500- Slave Mines of Vindicus the Terrible- a level zero module for Barbarians of the Ruined Earth by Mike Evans!
- $10,500- A poster-sized map of the Ruined Earth United States by Kelvin Green!
- $13,000- Orcs! A High-octane Adventure! A 3rd level module for Hubris: A World of Visceral Adventure by Mike Evans
- $40,500- A Saturday morning cartoon-style animated intro to Barbarians of the Ruined Earth to show new players to get them into the game right away!
I want to thank everyone who has supported me, DIY RPG Productions, and this Kickstarter!
A HUGE thank you to the people who are working with me on this project! Thanks to Matt Hildebrand for doing amazing layout and always being excited about the project. Thanks to Kelvin Green, Fred Dailey, JV West, David Lewis Johnson, Matt Hildebrand, and Matt Adams for lending their artistic talents for some truly awesome illustrations! Thanks to Ian Richmond for doing proofing. Thanks to Jacob Hurst and Kane Cathain for always talking shop.
Other Fun Positives
I woke up this AM to see this wonderful comment from one of my backers:
” You had me intrigued with the name of the game, sold with the premise and genre, and then you purchased my soul with mention of randomization charts. This is my 20th Kickstarter game backed and I am so happy it is this game!”
If you are still wondering about what Barbarians of the Ruined Earth will look like, here are some layout sample from three of the classes.
For the full array of Barbarians posts, click here.