I’m posting this after a comment from Anarkeith. This is a questionnaire that I gave to my players in my current DnD 3.5/Pathfinder game.
Feel free to use it, comment on it, or whatever.
Character Creation Questions
1) What is your characters name?
2) What does your character look like? (Age, height, weight, eye color, hair color, what kind of clothing does your character usually wear? What do they wear when unarmored?
3) What do you see as your future goals? Both long term and short term.
4) What do you think is the best thing about you?
5) What is your biggest weakness?
6) What is your greatest strength?
7) What is the most enjoyable thing you remember doing? What is the most significant thing you remember doing?
8 ) How do you feel about your group members thus far? Are you paranoid, or weary about any of them? Do you respect any of them? Why?
9) What would you like to know about each one of your party members (ie- how they got a scar? Have they ever been in battle? Have they ever lost someone they loved?)
10) What makes you most excited?
11) What do you enjoy the least?
12) What do you fear the most?
13) Why do you think you’re here?
14) Tell me about your past, where you’re from, your family, notable accomplishments or failures, any significant other relationships or jobs.
15) There’s a dangerous creature approaching your group quickly, you _______________________________________________
16) A quote that personifies you the essence of your character.
17) What is your worst memory?
18) What is your best memory?
19) How do you feel about the other “playable” races (dwarves, elves, gnomes, humans, half-orcs, half-elves)?
20) If you feel strongly, positive or negative, towards a race, why?
21) Have you ever been in love? Are you still?
22) Are you married? If so where is your significant other?
23) What would you do if you lost that person?
24) List 5 of your favorites (ie- color, food, drink, animal, past time, skill, etc.).
25) Out of character- What is something you would like to see your character do? Something that would happen to them?
26) Create an edge for your character.
27) Create a flaw for your character.