Jack in the Box- This square box is made of wood and decorated in colorful paint. There is a crank on the side that can be turned to generate twangy metallic sounding carnival music. The user must twist the crank for 1 round to cause the Jack in the Box to take effect. After one round, the user can either throw the Jack in the Box at the target(s) or aim it at them.
When a user is twisting the crank, there are 6 options that can occur as the Jack in the Box. Each one has a different haunting melody.
1) Jack in the Box- The horrible Jack pops out of the box, his terrible grin and creepy eyes horrifying all. Any creatures in a 100’ cone in front of Jack in the Box must succeed a DC15 Will (or Wisdom) save or be terrified of Jack as if by the Fear spell (Wizard, lvl 4).
2) Mallet- A mallet comes popping out of the box and grows rapidly, it swings back from the weight and then forward, crashing down on any enemy in a 20’ radius in front of the box, dealing 5d8 damage. All targets must succeed a DC 15 Reflex (or Dexterity) save for ½ damage.
3) Punching Glove- A massive boxing glove bursts from the box and strikes the target in front of the box. The glove receives +10 to attack and deals 1d10 per HD of the user (max of 10d10) damage.
4) Jack-o-Lantern- The horrible visage of pumpkin headed god of Halloween appears out of the box. It casts (roll 1d6): 1-4) Fire Breath (Wizard, lvl 2); 5) Fireball (Wizard, lvl 3); 6) Wall of Fire (Wizard, lvl 4).
5) Cutie Doll- The creepy visage of the cutie doll pops out of the box, cooing and giggling as it rocks back and forth. It casts (roll 1d4): 1-3) Charm Person (Wizard, lvl 1); 4) Dominate Person (Wizard, lvl 5). Treat the Cutie doll as a 5th level caster.
6) Jack Frost- The wintery monster, Jack Frost, bursts forth from the box. Any target in a 30’ cone in front of Jack must succeed a DC 20 Fort Save (or Constitution) or be frozen in their tracks, covered in ice and take 5d10 damage. If the target critically fails their save, they are frozen through and are dead.